The MODIS Database at the University of California at Santa Barbara includes spectral emissivity curves for Bricks, Tile, Masonry, Pavement, Stone, Lumber, Painted Sandpaper and miscellaneous materials.
MODIS Data on Manmade Materials
- Influence of KMnO4 Concentration on Infrared Emissivity o... — On TC4 Alloys by Micro-Arc Oxidation (Materials EISSN 1996-1944) Abstract: Ceramic coatings with high emissivity were fabricated on TC4 alloys by micro-arc oxidation technique (MAO) in mixed silicate and phosphate electrolytes with varying KMnO4 addition. The microstructure, phase and chemical composition were characterized by scanning electron microscope (SEM), X-ray diffraction (XRD), and X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy [...]
- Retrievals of the Far Infrared surface emissivity over th... — Research Article TITLE: “Retrievals of the Far Infrared surface emissivity over the Greenland Plateau using the Tropospheric Airborne Fourier Transform Spectrometer (TAFTS).” (See Author List below) ABSTRACT (Format Edited for easier online viewing) The Tropospheric Airborne Fourier Transform Spectrometer (TAFTS) measured near surface upwelling and downwelling radiances within the far infrared (FIR) over Greenland during [...]
- Normal Spectral Emittance of Aluminum — [...]
- Improving Temperature Measurement of Low Emissivity Targe... — Helpful Tips for Users From FLIR Meer, Belgium — FLIR Systems has published a new technical note that investigates and describes how to use low-cost materials to increase target emissivity to enable accurate measurement using a thermal imaging camera. Clean, unoxidized, bare metal surfaces such as are found in many R&D applications have low emissivity. [...]
- Thermal Infrared Spectral Laboratory and Mineral Library ... — The TES instrument team maintains a Thermal Infrared Spectral Laboratory and Mineral Library at Arizona State University in Tempe, Arizona, USA. The library includes observations of terrestrial rock and mineral samples for comparison with the spectra of Mars returned by TES and also for interpreting remote sensing data collected with Earth as the target. The [...]