A series of FAQs online at the Evitherm website.
Emissivity & other infrared-optical properties
- Reflectivity of Mineral Powders — From the Website of Ocean Optics, an applications note for their Jaz Spectrometer It begins: “Reflectance spectroscopy is a versatile technique than can be used to identify and characterize a range of powdered samples including mineral powders, grains in lunar samples, mining samples, natural deposits, soils and sediment core samples. In this application note, reflectance [...]
- Noncontact multiband emissivity measurements — Proc. SPIE 5124, 240 (2003); doi:10.1117/12.517121 Conference Title: Optoelectronic and Electronic Sensors V Conference Chairs: Wlodzimierz Kalita Abstract Adam Mazikowski Gdansk Univ. of Technology (Poland) During last decade an increasing interest in passive multiband systems for temperature measurement was noted. However, recent studies showed that multiband systems are capable of producing accurate results of non-contact [...]
- Emissivity of Human Skin in the Waveband between 2 &... — From a Nature Article of the same title: By DAVID J. WATMOUGH & R. OLIVER, Department of Radiation Physics, Churchill Hospital, Oxford. Citation: Nature 219, 622 – 624 (10 August 1968); doi:10.1038 Abstract: The emissivity of human skin epsilon(lambda) in the range 2micro to 6micro has recently assumed considerable importance because of the increasing medical [...]
- Measurement of the surface emissivity of turbid waters — Chinese Journal of Oceanology and Limnology, Volume 5, Number 4, 363-369, DOI: 10.1007/BF02843818 “Measurement of the surface emissivity of turbid waters”, Liu Wenyao, R. T. Field, R. G. Gantt and V. Klemas http://www.springerlink.com/content/8102732046620458/ Abstract For interpreting thermal IR imagery of the ocean surface, the emissivity of the sea surface is usually assumed to be constant, [...]
- Thermal infrared remote sensing of crude oil slicks — In: Remote Sensing of Environment, Volume 45, Issue 2, August 1993, Pages 225-231. by John W. Salisbury a, Dana M. D’Aria a and Floyd F. Sabins Jr.b aDepartment of Earth and Planetary Sciences, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore U.S.A. bChevron Oil Field Research Company, La Habra, California U.S.A. (Abstract Online) With all the interest on the [...]