A Basic Guide to Thermography A PDF Download from the Land Instruments website – (Last modified 15/11/04 -433kb – 14 pages). It contains a table of effective spectral emissivities over the 8 to 14 micrometer waveband for several common industrial and building materials as part of its introduction to Infrared Thermography.
A Basic Guide to (Infrared) Thermography
- Improving Temperature Measurement of Low Emissivity Targe... — Helpful Tips for Users From FLIR Meer, Belgium — FLIR Systems has published a new technical note that investigates and describes how to use low-cost materials to increase target emissivity to enable accurate measurement using a thermal imaging camera. Clean, unoxidized, bare metal surfaces such as are found in many R&D applications have low emissivity. [...]
- Thermal Infrared Spectral Laboratory and Mineral Library ... — The TES instrument team maintains a Thermal Infrared Spectral Laboratory and Mineral Library at Arizona State University in Tempe, Arizona, USA. The library includes observations of terrestrial rock and mineral samples for comparison with the spectra of Mars returned by TES and also for interpreting remote sensing data collected with Earth as the target. The [...]
- MGS Thermal Emission Spectrometer Data Archive & PDS... — MGS-TES Special Products TES, The Thermal Emission Spectrometer at Arizona State University (ASU), is one of five instruments carried on the Mars Global Surveyor spacecraft (MGS). MGS was launched in November 1996 and made the last transmission to Earth in November 2006. Their website presents data from the TES instrument at Mars, as well as [...]
- Raytek’s Online Spectral Emissivity Guide — Santa Cruz CA, USA — As part of the IR Education section, the Raytek Corporation website contains some useful and well-presented information on Spectral Emissivity, one of the few instrument makers who do so. Although they just call it plain “emissivity” they then present values for three or four different wavebands, according to the table [...]
- Emissivity as viewed on the Fuji & Co Piezo Science ... — A brief explanation of the topic of emissivity, that gets into the concept of spectral emissivity… a little. It deals with the total emissivity used in radiant heat transfer, but the basic concepts apply at any wavelength. Visit http://www.fuji-piezo.com/emissivi.htm online to read their [...]